Orleans Darkwa was born in Nashville, Tennessee. In his career at Tulane University, between 2010-2013, Orleans had rushed for 2,953 yards while scoring 39 rushing touchdowns. During his senior year he had been named MVP of the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl after running for 83 yard and setting a bowl-record three touchdowns on 16 carries. Completing his career at Tulane, he had tied for first in rushing touchdowns, second in total touchdowns, third in rushing attempts, fourth in rushing yards, and many more categories that leaves him as a notable athlete at the university.
Not only had Orleans excelled on the football field, he had excelled off it as well. Upon graduating he was a member of the Conference USA Commissioner's Honor Roll and Tulane's 3.0 Club. He had graduated with a degree in Sociology.
Although going undrafted, his faith, hard work and determination had originally led him to make the 53-man roster in Miami as an undrafted free agent. He was later signed to the NY Giants, where he further developed his skills and began to shine even more. Now completing his his third season in the NFL as Running Back #26 for the New York Giants. He is continuously working to improve and make an impact both on and off the field.
Orleans makes it a point to connect with the community as much as possible. He strives to use his own experiences to help guide young student-athletes in a positive direction, with both athletics and life. Orleans is very proud of his Ghanaian heritage and keeps family first. He hopes to be a positive role model to anyone working towards a dream, and he wants to be a voice of encouragement and positivity in the lives of others.
LEADING THE NEXT GENERATION ON A PATH TO SUCCESS
The Orleans Darkwa Foundation is a soon to be nonprofit 501 (c) (3) organization dedicated to educating the youth in a way that points them in a positive direction in athletics and in life.
Every student has the potential to be the next generation of leaders, scholars, and positive role models in this world, we feel that we can help lead this generation into becoming the best they can be.
ORLEANS DARKWA 2017 FOOTBALL CAMP
The Orleans Darkwa Foundation is pleased to announce that on
June 17th, 2017 Orleans' will be hosting his very first football camp.
Beginning at 8:00am, at the Ensworth's High School Campus in Tennessee, young players will have the opportunity to learn from the pros, have fun, and gain an incredible and unforgettable experience.
The camp will provide a t-shirt, food, and drinks for the children to have throughout the day.
If you are interested in signing your child up for camp please click the button below. The first 300 who sign up online will be guaranteed a spot to participate in the camp.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Thank you to our sponsors for helping make this event a success.
TO GIVE YOUTH THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN HOW TO BE BETTER ATHLETES ON AND OFF THE FIELD, PLEASE DONATE HERE! THANK YOU!
HOW TO REGISTER
7401 Highway 100, Nashville, TN 37221
How To Register
***CLICK SUMMER OFFERINGS 2017***
1) For first time users click the register button and create a new account on the screen.
a. For previous Summer Offerings or League participants please log into your normal Blue Sombrero account, click on the ‘programs available’ button for the camper you would like to register and skip to step 7
2) Once you create your account enter your information on the first page as the primary parent of guardian, below there will be second parent guardian information, which is optional. Complete the forms and press continue. You will be prompted to choose if you are the parent guardian or filling out a registration for yourself, select ‘I am a parent of guardian registering a participant’
a. If you are 18 and filling out your own registration fill out your information in the first form. After hitting continue you will be prompted to answer if you are a parent of guardian or registering for a program yourself, select ‘registering myself in an activity’ and skip to step 4
3) In the second tab you will enter the campers information. Fill out the form for the camper you are registering. Once the information is completed press continue.
a. If you are registering more than one participant instead of clicking continue click ‘Add Another Participant’ in the bottom left hand corner. Add participants until all of your campers are entered and then press continue.
4) You will then be brought to a screen with a long list of programs for your camper. You want to select ‘Orleans Darkwa Football Camp’ and click the button that says ‘Add to list’ and then hit continue at the bottom of the page.
a. This camp option will be near the bottom of the list for each child. If you are registering more than one participant they will all come up on this same page so when you are scrolling looking for the program it will show up under each camper and you need to click the ‘+Register’ button for each camper you want to register.
b. Quick hint: if you use the ‘find’ function on your computer (Control F for Windows PCs and Command F for macs) you can search for ‘Orleans’ and hit enter and your computer should find the program and take you right to it on the list
5) On the following page please update the 'Household Form', 'Medical Form', and 'Camper Info', read the release waiver, check the box saying ‘I accept the waiver,’ answer the two following questions, and press continue.
6) The following page will be the payment page. The camp is FREE so you will see your cart has a balance of $0. Confirm the information and then click continue.
7) The final page will provide you with an order summary and a note about camp details. You will also receive a conformation e-mail to the address you listed.
8) Now you are registered for camp! Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns prior to camp. We look forward to having you!
***There are only 300 spots so make sure to reserve your spot today! Registration will close on Sunday, June 11th at 10:00pm. You must register by Sunday, June 11 to be guaranteed a camp T-shirt.
There will be no walk-up registrations for this program, you must pre-register online by June 11th.